Your Hero

My photo
You should find an "existential" reason to read this blog. Let it be whatever you want it to be. But I promise that you will not find that my facade is constructed by a socialite engineer, but a real person; a person who's life you can relate to your own.

15 September 2008

Life of Fife (other names were taken) P1

Hey everyone. This is like a first real post. Right now it is about 1530 as i start this. I like military time because it makes more sense. The entire day is 24 hours. Why chop it up into two 12 hour segments? I am listening to 'Reaching Your Soul' by System F on an album compilation of System F and Gouryella. System F is an alias for Ferry Corsten, who I believe right now is ranked as the no. 7 DJ in the world. Gouryella is a collaboration between Ferry Corsten and Tiesto who is ranked no. 1. So it is very much a progressive house/trace/dance music. I like this kind of music because it gets me pumped up and excited. One of the biggest problems that I have had for as long as I can remember is a lack of physical motivation. If my ideas and thoughts could just put themselves down on paper and work themselves out, I would be a millionaire, though many people would agree the same would be for them. But still, I often feel nauseated at the thought of doing very strenuous work or even sometimes moving at all. It is not so much that I am lazy, it is that I am entirely unmotivated. Techno motivates my soul. My mind becomes energized and I suddenly feel a weight lifted and I want to go out and physically do things and use my whole mind.

Before I started writing this I was working on the yard. Hurricane Ike as I stated in my previous post just happened to continue its low pressure gusts in this direction which ended up wiping out out a couple trees with 70 mph winds, causing four known deaths, and 800,000 people to lose power for some time. Over 500,000 people have now gone for over 24 hours without power.

its now a little later and i have gotten carried away a bit while writing here I am in the Lionhead chat on IRC. Lionhead is the developer behind Fable II a game I have been waiting for since May of 2007.

OK so at some point today/tonight I plan on writing a letter to the editor about this whole electrical power out thing. One of my major interests is Peak Oil. I will get into your desert because I would not want to ruin it. But yesterday and today with the power out people have been going crazy and it certainly has been weird to see what people do in a setting where everything they know is suddenly killed by the lack of electric current. . . I want to bring awareness to Peak Oil and really start something going in Cincinnati about what it is and what it will bring and what we need to do to be ready. BTW this is not my normal writing style this is totally fragmented and disorganized I can't seem to get out my thoughts quickly enough to encompass my stream of thought. Next post I will start more from the beginning.

No comments: