Your Hero

My photo
You should find an "existential" reason to read this blog. Let it be whatever you want it to be. But I promise that you will not find that my facade is constructed by a socialite engineer, but a real person; a person who's life you can relate to your own.

28 June 2009

Camp Week One Review

Here is a highlight reel for the first week of camp:

Dinner campers from hell.

Not much is worse than a bunch of picky and snobby campers. I will admit I don't really have any management skills and I don't deal well with children, but these kids were still awful. Most of the meal, all seven of these little snots were screaming to me what they wanted, then screaming when they didn't like it. Oh, AND, they didn't like any of it. I spent so much of the meal dealing with it, that I barely ate anything myself and what I did eat, was just left over side dishes. Good night.

Also the hive mind.

There are two different groups here at camp that seem to combine brain power using telepathy in order to make up their "minds." I know it's pretty normal for middle school, but it still drives me crazy. I'm going to assume that there will be at least one group of girls like that for every week here.

Oh, imagine that, break is over.

The huge downside to this job, is the lack of leisure time. Seriously, I have never been so busy in my life. Most days I am up by 7 am and then busy all day until about 10:30 pm. Then there are usually more things I need to take care of, outside of my campers and that lasts until 11 or so. Then it takes up to an hours to fall asleep. So most nights I have getting less than 7 hours of sleep for days that last 16 or 17 hours. That's a definite first for me.

Perhaps more soon. Until then, take care.

No comments: