Your Hero

My photo
You should find an "existential" reason to read this blog. Let it be whatever you want it to be. But I promise that you will not find that my facade is constructed by a socialite engineer, but a real person; a person who's life you can relate to your own.

23 August 2009

Back to school we go!

Tonight/the next five hours will be my last here at "home" for a while. Pretty soon, I will be headed back to school. Goodness.

I'm dating someone now. And yes, it's going very well, thank you for asking. She came to visit here last week. We had only gone nine days without seeing each other. The countdown to her coming here was like an endless river of time leading into a vast ocean of togetherness. But, it was all a mirage apparently, because now I'm sitting here alone and three hours away from her in a desert that used to be an ocean of time. But that's how those things are really.

Saw '500 Days of Summer'. Good movie, lame ending, won't give anything away. Also just got back from 'Inglorious Basterds'. Liked it much better than I thought I would, considering I'm not exactly much of a Tarantino fan, just looked away for the more gruesome parts, but mostly it was a very good movie, some solid moments of humor and emotional turmoil.

I promised some good friends from the old neighborhood that I would hang out with them tonight. And I passed up three other options in order to stay committed, understanding that the plans were set. But, apparently, they weren't cause half of our group bailed. Awesome minus awesome plus lame. So, we went to see Inglorious Basterds instead of confirming my global domination on a risk board. Kind of a letdown for the planet, I'm well aware, but I'll raise my armies another time to conquer evil doers!

The drive home was interesting. I don't remember it, except for the second half of the 40 minute journey. Mostly because I was having babyish labor pains (pun). Kidding on the labor pain, I don't want to offend anyone and pretend I could endure them, but literally I was sure for about 10 seconds that an alien was had been growing inside my stomach was going to jump out and face hug me right then. So, I three real options:

A - Pull over to the side of the ride and punch myself so the IBS inflicted pains seemed infantile in comparison (another pun)
B - Do a Sigourney Weaver and kill the alien inside of me. Then make a trilogy.
or
C - Just wait that shit out and have painfully explosive diarrhea once I got home

I went with C, and I have to say, in this particular moment I'm fairly pleased with the results, though a few minutes ago on the commode I was screaming profanities to myself in three different languages.

So, now I'm kind of off to bed. I need to make a post about my mother, just to generally vent about my frustrations from her, and my inability to cope with them for my own soul. Trust me, I'll still sleep peacefully.

I leave in less than five hours to make the long haul and then move in. Still, it feels like I'll never get out of the prison of a house to be in the place I want to be. Hopefully, I'll be writing much more very soon, as there is much to write and much time and inspiration just around the proverbial corner (proverbial in this case would actually be directly referring to a 3+ hour drive endured with the silence of my father and then gruesome hauling of my wasteful-American-materialist-sized shit into my actual room at school.

So, until next time, (insert catchy/deep phrase here)

If you get injured there is always some 'First Aid' for your ears from Super8 & Tab from the Anjunabeats Melodic Trance 04 album. It's a superb track.

No comments: